Skip to main content

EMINEM VS MGK

Are we really gonna ignore that Machine Gun Kelly called Eminem's 16 year old daughter hot?  Yeah, fuck that. I'm with Marshall on this one. 



I haven't been this proud to be white since 'White Chocolate' was the star of the AND1 mix tour.  Listen, being white is fucking easy... yes, we occasionally have to be over the top in our racism outrage, just so the other races don't hate us.  But when it comes to hip-hop, dancing, basketball, being born with muscles that would make even Hercules marvel... we're mostly screwed, unless we can hit 3 pointers.  Or we're the "crafty, with surprising quickness" 5'9 receiver that plays for the New England Patriots.  But hey, I'm not complaining.  I've gotten out of more speeding tickets than I care to count, I have it good.

Eminem, to us, has always been our knight in shining armor.  He's the Randall Cunningham of the rap game.  Battling race his entire life, coming up being a battle rapper that mirrors the plot of '8 Mile' (because, duh), he grew up in the pre-Jacob's Field Cleveland, AKA Detroit, and he fucking made it.  The song 'Lose Yourself' gives me an automatic erection every time I hear it.

Machine Gun Kelly is from Cleveland. He's one of us. I'll always love him for the line "Nevermind that's just Kells with the Heat, no LeBron though" on his hit 'Wild Boy' after LeBron James left Cleveland for the Miami Heat.  MGK riding on the float during the Cavs championship parade will forever be in my memory.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEE

Enough with the hype train, let's get down to fucking business.  Who won the rap battle that shook the internet?  Let's break it down!

THE CHALLENGER

Striking first with a dominant 1-2 combo, MGK held nothing back in the hardest caucasion battle since Robin Ventura charged the mound against Nolan Ryan.  Yessir, he hit HARD. Calling out Eminem for that awkward beard, his sober lifestyle, the fact that he has all this outrage despite wide critical acclaim... he came out hungry.  He even called Slim the "greatest rapper alive," taking a page out of B Rabbit's rap battle strategy in '8 Mile.' It wasn't just true, it was funny. Yes, Eminem dresses like he's an expecting mother, wardrobe filled with dozens of different sweatsuit combinations.  "I'm not afrayyyed, Ok Oscar the Grouch, chill on the couch," I mean come on, that is some vintage Eminem quality stuff!

I will deduct points for the following reasons:  For one, the music video.  What the fuck?  If you're not jacked or at least cut, don't be taking off your shirt in a music video.  Unless your Rick Ross and it's hilarious (not laughing at fat guys, laughing with them).  I will deduct another point for telling Em he "dropped an album just to diss him," like no, he didn't.  One diss is not an entire track.  Also, the line, "text me the addy I'm pullin up scrappin," like chill the fuck out bro, Mac Miller has a better chance of releasing a new album than you do of fighting Eminem 1 on 1.  Too soon? Fine, then Tupac. Elvis Presley. Cher. I don't care.

THE BELT HOLDER

At first, I was a bit underwhelmed with Em's response.  I had unrealistic expectations, like when I first saw 'The Dark Knight Rises.'  Sometimes your own greatness works against you. 



Then, I listened again... the rhymes are so FIRE.  And unlike MGK, Eminem does not waste. One. Single. Rhyme. Everything he says is just a carefully crafted work of art.  "My biggest flops are your biggest hits."  "It's your moment, this is it, as big as you're gonna get so enjoy it. Had to give you a career to destroy it."  Like, you knew he was gonna go there.  Why wouldn't he?  But hearing the words still sent chills up spine. 

THE VERDICT:

As a diss, MGK's struck me harder.  You can't go at the king and miss, and he sure as hell didn't.
As a song, Eminem's version is better and far more catchier. Vintage Slim Shady.  Ultimately I will declare the winner Machine Gun Kelly because this fame was huge for his publicity.  He is mainstream, but barely.  This put him on the national map in a big way.  Who won the rap contest?  White people everywhere.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NICE JOB YOU FUCKING KICKER

HOW ARE WE NOT ON HARD KNOCKS EVERY YEAR: If you don't think the last 18 hours don't represent everything that the Browns choose to be, then I really don't know what to tell you. Is there a more comically inept franchise in the history of sports? Where else do these stories happen?  Linebackers arrested for insider trading, receivers with more talent than God that can't lay off drugs meant for college freshmen, OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLIN OFF!  Hard Knocks needs to have the Browns on speedial the way Leonardo DiCaprio has 19 year old models on his. Josh Gordon is like George Costanza when he tried to get fired from the Yankees, dragging the World Series trophy in the parking lot and spilling spaghetti sauce all over a vintage Babe Ruth jersey.  Over the past few years, I'm convinced Gordon could've walked right into the general manager's office, shit directly onto his desk, and they would've retaliated by... firing the head coach.  "Let'

The Browns hire Freddie, and what's been happening in my life in the month since my last post

I've been sick 3(!) seperate times in the last month.  I've had more diarrhea than Steelers fans watching the Browns' last drive against the Ravens, you know, the one that knocked them out of the playoffs (HAHAHA).  By the way, 'diarrhea' might be the hardest word to spell in the English language.  Maybe that's why they spelled it that way - the wordmakers were going to make it as inconvenient as possible for anybody to ever use it.  Oops. So now that we got the important stuff out of the way, on to today's update:  The Browns hired Freddie Kitchens to be their head coach.  Here is my take on the hire:  I have no take. Allow me to explain.  For the better part of the last month, I have seen #BrownsTwitter have one opinion after another about who the next head coach of the Browns should be.  "Don't hire Mike McCarthy, he failed in Green Bay!"  "Adam Gase?  The guy that the players supposedly hated?  PASS."  "Bruce Arians,

The Cavs, football picks, and why I'm Rocky getting his ass kicked by Apollo Creed

The Cleveland Cavaliers are back in the news again.  It's oddly the first thing that has happened to the Cavs since they played in the 2018 NBA Finals and nothing has happened since then and nothing you can say will change my mind. Kyrie Irving called LeBron (like really, do I need to include his last name for you to know who I'm talking about?  LeBron... Smith?) and apologized.  Since the Cavs apparently don't play basketball anymore, I'm gonna talk at nauseam about it. The first thing I honestly thought about were all the people on Cavs Twitter that are always, "It'S tIme TO mOvE oN, LeBroN DoEsn'T plAY HeRE anYmoRe."  Oh for fuck sake.  The Cleveland Cavaliers, the team that used to wear THESE JERSEYS made the NBA Finals FOUR CONSECUTIVE YEARS. They just had a team with 3 future Hall of Famers, with arguably the best player of all-time and inarguably the best player of the generation.  So yeah, the city is gonna dwell on that for some ti